Arbor Realty Trust Funds Nearly $20M in Fannie Mae DUS® MAH for Affordable Properties
UNIONDALE, NY (May 14, 2018) – Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ABR), a real estate investment trust and national direct lender specializing in loan origination and servicing for multifamily, seniors housing, healthcare and other diverse commercial real estate assets, today announced the recent funding of five loans totaling $19,736,000 under the Fannie Mae DUS® Multifamily Affordable Housing (MAH) product line.
Alexander Kaushansky, Vice President, Originations at Arbor Realty Trust, arranged the financing.
“Arbor’s Fannie Mae DUS MAH product offers flexible and competitive terms to borrowers who invest in qualified affordable housing,” Kaushansky said. “With 100% of units at all five properties considered affordable, this transaction is a prime example of our commitment to responding to a nationwide need.”
Apartment Corp., a national privately held real estate investment firm with a portfolio exceeding 20,000 units, was the borrower, using the loans for both refinancing and acquisition purposes.
“Arbor was able to quickly arrange financing tailored to the specific needs of each one of these properties,” said Marc Menowitz, CEO of Apartment Corp. “The maximized loan proceeds and sheer number of loan options offered enabled us to improve the quality of our expanding national portfolio.”
The transactions involved:
- Pacific Pointe, Stockton, CA — Built in 1971, this 80-unit LIHTC multifamily property received a $3,005,000 refinancing funded under the Fannie Mae DUS MAH product line. Since 2016, the borrower has invested approximately $150,000 in upgrades to the property.
- Granite Ridge, Stockton, CA — Built in 1974, this 80-unit LIHTC multifamily property received a $3,689,000 refinancing under the Fannie Mae DUS MAH product line. Since 2016, the borrower has invested around $100,000 in upgrades to the property.
- Silver Spring Terrace, Hickory, NC — Built in 1973, this 100-unit combination HAP and LIHTC garden-style property received $3,681,000 in acquisition financing under the Fannie Mae MAH Green Rewards program. $250,000 will go towards interior and exterior upgrades to the property.
- Yorkshire & Windsor Village, Shreveport, LA — Built in 2000, this 132-unit LIHTC garden-style property received $2,661,000 in acquisition financing under the Fannie Mae DUS MAH product line. In addition to rent restrictions, the property will keep a minimum of 15% of units available to accommodate large families, and a minimum of 25% of units able to serve special needs groups like the elderly and handicapped. $290,000 will go towards interior and exterior upgrades at the property.
- Sonora Portfolio, Sonora & Jamestown, CA — Built in 1998, this three-property, 220-unit multifamily LIHTC portfolio received $6,700,000 in refinancing under the Fannie Mae DUS MAH Preservation product. Since 2016, the borrower has invested approximately $460,000 in upgrades to the property.
Pacific Pointe, Stockton, CA
Silver Spring Terrace, Hickory, NC
Granite Ridge, Stockton, CA
Yorkshire & Windsor, Shreveport, LA
For over 20 years, Uniondale, NY-based Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ABR) has been helping multifamily and commercial real estate clients achieve their financial goals by focusing on growing long-term relationships and conducting business as not simply another real estate lender, but a partner. We value our clients to such an extent that we’re more comfortable calling them partners, and their relationships with Arbor are the foundation of our business.
Founded by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. is a real estate investment trust and direct lender specializing in loan origination and servicing for multifamily, seniors housing, healthcare and other diverse commercial real estate assets. Arbor is a Top 10 Fannie Mae DUS® Multifamily Lender by volume and a Top Fannie Mae Small Loan lender, a Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer and the Top Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Seniors Housing Lender, an FHA Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP)/LEAN Lender, a HUD-approved LIHTC Lender as well as a CMBS, Bridge, Mezzanine and Preferred Equity lender, consistently building on its reputation for service, quality and flexibility. With a multibillion-dollar servicing portfolio, Arbor is a primary commercial loan servicer and special servicer rated by Standard & Poor’s with an Above Average rating. Arbor is also on the Standard & Poor’s Select Servicer List and is a primary commercial loan servicer and loan level special servicer rated by Fitch Ratings.